Creative Bus Sales is the nation's largest bus dealership and is proud to offer products from 18 of the top commercial and school bus manufactures. With multiple locations throughout the United States, Creative is able to service customers in all locations.
We are currently accepting resumes for a Bus/Truck Technician at our Palmetto, Florida location. This is a full-time position that requires a hardworking, dependable and reliable individual.
A Diesel Mechanic must have the ability to diagnose, test, and repair vehicle utilizing computerized diagnostics equipment. The position requires experience in one or more of the following designations: Automobile (A 1-9),Medium/Heavy Truck (T 1-8), School Bus (S 1-7), and Transit Bus (H 1-8). It requires a minimum of three years’ experience in an automotive service facility and personal tools. Candidate must have the ability to obtain a Commercial Driver's License with passenger and air brake endorsement. Position requires the ability to achieve an efficiency level of eighty five percent or greater and pass ASE certification tests. Ability to take direction, positive attitude, and perform high quality work.
- Diagnose, test, and repair vehicles utilizing computerized diagnostics equipment.
- Perform inspections and repairs using established procedures.
- Perform light and medium duty repairs in the following areas: heating and air conditioning, electrical and electronic systems and brakes.
- Perform repairs on manual drivetrain, axels – light and medium duty.
- Perform repairs on suspension and steering – light and medium duty.
- Obtain OEM Wheelchair Lifts Certification.
- Must achieve and maintain an efficiency level of eighty percent or greater and pass ASE certification test.
- Safely operate all shop equipment.
- Take direction, keep a positive attitude, and perform high quality work.
- Maintain and protect company owned property.
- Follow Company safety protocol at all times and keep work area cleaned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Requires experience in one or more of the following designations: Automobile (A 1-9), Medium/Heavy Truck (T 1-8), School Bus (S 1-7), and Transit Bus (H 1-8)
- Minimum three years’ experience in light or medium duty automotive service facility.
- Personal tools required.
- Proven ability to work independently with little or no supervision required.
- Must have a professional attitude.
- Must be punctual.
- Must be able to lift, push and pull a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Will be required to do frequent kneeling, stooping, squatting, crawling and climbing to perform multiple tasks of position.
- Must have good manual dexterity.